ICT & Learning
Unit 1 - Examination Content
Understanding the Desktop Environment
Understand how to manage the desktop environment including features such as:
· adjust window size, mouse settings, icon size, screen resolution, desktop fonts, colour, position, graphics, contrast and volume to meet their own needs
· move, copy, delete, rename, files and folders
· on-screen help
· features of a control panel
· print settings
· password protection
Understand the features of and the advantages and disadvantages of:
· online tutorials e.g. BBC bitesize
· online assessment e.g. examinations
· Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs).
Learning devices & Software to support disabilities
Understand the uses of input devices such as:
· braille keyboards
· specialist devices such as microphones
· touch sensitive data entry devices.
Understand the uses of:
· voice recognition software
· text to voice software
· customised desktop environments.