Information Handling Software
Unit 1 - Examination Content
1. Know when it is appropriate to:
· update or delete records
· sort information into Descending and Ascending order
· search for information using single and multiple criteria.
2. Understand the appropriate use of operators including = , < >, < , >, 'AND', 'OR', 'LIKE'.
3. Have a basic understanding of data type including number, text, date, time, currency, Boolean, lists, picture, sound, video.
4. Identify fields and records in a file.
5. Recognise and understand the purpose of the 'key field'.
6. Search for information using tools such as search engines, keyword searches, etc.
· the outputting of data in report formats
· how simple calculated fields are produced
· the purpose and suitable application of validation techniques such as 'lists', 'range checks', 'format checks' and 'input masks' for common fields.
8. Understand the benefits of using information handling for:
· faster access to data
· variety of output formats
· data integrity.